Ego CTF Editor
A downloadable tool for Windows
- .NET Framework 4.6.2
- Extract everything from the zip file.
- Open Ego CTF Editor.exe.
- Enjoy! :)
With this program you can edit CarTuningFiles (CTF,CSV) files for the EGO engine games. These files contain car performance data.
- Intuitive GUI -- The graphics user interface has been built to allow maximum ease of use when editing files.
- Easy Compare -- Aside from the files' data being lined up side by side, with the click of a button the program will show you all the differences between the files.
- Community Involvement -- Schema files for each game are in xml format so that modders can edit descriptions of their findings for the file's values and share them with each other.
- Open With -- Allows you to choose "Open With" and select this program to open CTF files.
After turning on the program, simply select a game by pressing the appropriate tab, and then click File -> Open and select a CTF file to edit.
Games per Tab:
- Dirt -- Colin McRae Dirt
- Grid -- Race Driver: Grid
- Formula 1 -- All F1 games
- Other -- Dirt 2/3/Showdown, Grid 2
- Each new file is loaded into a column in the datagrid.
- Press on the column's header to select a file before saving or closing it.
- Pressing on the first column's header will open up a filter box for you to search entry names.
- Middle (Scroll) click a cell in any row to highlight it for better viewing.
- Right click a cell to edit it directly. NOTE: Cells in certain rows cannot be edited
- Use Control-C to copy and Control-V to paste data.
- Edit the schema.xml files in the program's folder to write down information you've found about any of the file's values. Feel free to share them with the modding community. :)
- Drag and Drop a file on the form to open it.
- If you get errors try one of the following:
- Make sure the folder that you put the files in is not readonly.
- Run the exe as an administrator or give it administrator rights.
- Put the files in a folder on the desktop.
- Create an issue here.
- Fixed string parsing errors on Non-English language computers
- Sped up opening of files
- Added a Save All and Close All command
- Added support for Dirt, and Grid 2
- Fixed Dirt Showdown
- Fixed Pasting when rows are hidden
- Simplified UI
- Uses EEL
- Fixed Various Bugs for Grid
- Cleaned up backend
- Started New Version System
- Improved Error Checking
- Changed FloatList Unknown to Step
- DragDrop Feature to Open Files
- Small Update to Schema Files
- Added Support for Race Driver Grid
- Improved UI in Column Filter and FileDialog areas
- Added Support for Dirt Showdown, and F1 2012 games
- First Release
- Ryder25 - For creating the program. (modding(at)ryder25.com)
- Miek - For figuring out the schemas for the files which make all of this possible.
- luh-koala - For creating program icon.
- famfamfam.com - For the "silk" menu icons.
Click download now to get access to the following files: